Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Miraculous Thinking

i quote her to herself as 'quote of the day'. this is her response:


Thank you for making the reservation, Honey...how about coming here 6:30?   Very looking forward to going there...I think you'll really like the food.  And I like that we are celebrating our celebrating!

About the drink classes...you know me, always happy to offer "input, " but here, I kinda draw a blank, not sure what to tell you (maybe why you are also ambivalent, not sure...)
I guess you have to feel in as to whether the experience would be: enlivening enough...lucrative enough...or in some way expansive of a vibe that mattered (an not necessarily alcohol...simply an opportunity to teach something new....)  Curious to hear about your process,  though....

Yeah, I know who said, "Love is all its cracked up to be..."  I've said it somewhat mindlessly for so many years, I'm actually dazzled to find out it is true."

Thank you for pointing out the significance of the Melanie-Walter episode.   I actually got to understand more of what I actually do.

I'm the one who is so into "real."  And I've needed you to show up to make Love real to me.

So looking forward to having my arms around you.    N.

-----

The woman i'm in love with is completely in love with me. she tells me this two, three, seven, twelve times, each time in a different, enchanting way. we are going to cape cod together. we are planning things. let's attend a workshop, let's. she tells me how much i mean to her and my heart, which is not used to this at all is full to bursting. this is not the miracle.
 my feelings are so intense that i long for little bouts of boredom to make it real. i want to read the times with her, i want to run errands, go for a walk, cook a quick dinner and see a movie. i want to tell her about that time in college, i want her to tell me about when her daughter was born. i am fond enough of the mundane that this is not the miracle either
--
there are agenda items of course. i am still an undergraduate in the department of 'other people's feelings are only their feelings'. the ground on which my self stands is a bit crumbly, but she seems to like the location. she has chosen to make this work. that's the miracle and i have no choice but to become a miracle myself.


if you read this blog from the beginning, would you have believed this ending? i can barely go back to read it myself, i fear i'll recreate it as true. however, it's time to be fearless again.

No comments:

Post a Comment